Agriculture items are prohibited if they can carry plant pest or animal diseases.
- Fruits and Vegetables
- All fruit not on the permitted list below is prohibited. Sugarcane is prohibited. Potatoes are prohibited, including Irish potatoes, sweet potates, and yams. (Exceptions: Cooked potatoes are permitted. Avocados without seeds are permitted, except in California)
- Plants, Seeds, and Soil
- Plants and seeds require special permits. Soil and some plants are prohibited. Check in advance with agriculture inspectors. (Exception: Some dried plant parts, such as for medicinal purposes, are permitted.)
- Meat and Game
- Pork-raw and cooked, including sausages, cold cuts, skins, and pork tacos, is prohibited. (Exceptions: Shelf-stable, canned pork and hard cooked pork skins [cracklings] are permitted.)
- Raw meat from both domesticated and game fowl is prohibited. (Exception: Thoroughly cooked poultry is permitted.) Game-Check with agriculture inspectors in advance. Other restrictions may apply; check in advance with agriculture inspectors.
- Prohibited. (Exceptions: Boiled and cooked eggs are permitted.)
- Live Birds
- Wild and domesticated birds, including poultry, are prohibited. To import personally owned pet birds, contact agriculture inspectors in advance.
- Generally prohibited. This include wheat straw, seeds, animal feed, and all articles made from this material.